Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sept 16 plan still on track: Selangor MB - Star


The PKR’s plans to get Barisan Nasional MPs to cross over are still on track, said Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim.

“Plans to form a new government on Sept 16, led by PKR leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, are still very active,” he said.

When asked if the Sept 16 claim would become a reality, Khalid, who is also state PKR chairman, said the party did not want to say anything yet.

“We don’t speculate. We are going to be evaluated by the results not speculations,” he told reporters Saturday after presenting donations to some 1,000 storm and flood victims in the Klang district at the Teluk Pulai community hall here.

Anwar has claimed the Opposition would topple the Barisan government by Sept 16.

He also claimed that some 30 Barisan MPs, particularly from Sabah and Sarawak, were ready to cross over.

On aids for the disaster victims, Khalid said more than 1,000 people would benefit from the various emergency aid provided by the state government.

Some 900 homes in Klang and Kapar were damaged by strong winds and flood waters during a freak storm early last week.

Khalid said the aid came a bit late because the authorities needed some time to go down to the ground and get in touch with the victims to ensure the aid reached the people effectively.

No comments: